The Anglican Diocese of Perth is committed to Safe Ministry.
To ensure the safety of children and vulnerable adults in our parishes the Anglican Diocese of Perth is committed to:
- The implementation of appropriate Policies, Protocols and Codes of Conduct with the aim of protecting and safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults;
- Rigorous background screening processes for all clergy and lay leaders;
- Transparency and accountability when addressing complaints of misconduct against Clergy and lay leaders, with full regard to legal and ethical considerations;
- The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children and adults;
- Ensuring safe, caring communities that provide an environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of misconduct and abuse.
You can read about the following
- child protection workshops
- running a creche
- screenings needed for various parish roles
- information about the Royal Commission
at the Diocesan Feel Safe page. Please note this link will open in a separate window to the Diocesan website.